African Cichlids Ireland

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

African Cichlids Ireland
African Cichlids Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My lil Salty Adventure !!

+4
Paul
mickdeja
Kelly
cichlidguy
8 posters

Go down

My lil Salty Adventure !! Empty My lil Salty Adventure !!

Post by cichlidguy Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:53 pm

hey guys how you all keeping had been thinking about goin salty for awhile now but was put of by everyone i talked to when i asked about marines uh but that changed when i got talknt to a friend down in tranquail garden near galway and he told me not to buy in on all im being told by everyone..as i only wanted to do it small scale soft corals only and he said that i can achieve that if i went with he was saying so thank you rick..i bought the tank new of rick which is a hai-yang 97l with led lights built in and my pal made the cabinet for me.i started this up about 3 weeks now and all going good with getting the salainty right etc and i then started to pick up bits and pieces of forum members and from sponsers shops(thank you thumbs up ) im very happy with the way its turning out and can see the additive side of things as its an expensive hobby to be in what i have so far in there are 3 corals,3 sexy shrimp,blue knuckle hermit crab !!!!

My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05112_zpsf96114dc
My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05211_zpsdc4d79bb
My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05121_zps355b8f1b
My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05231_zpsb3760aea
Bush Coral
My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05161_zps3afd020b
Green Stipped Mushrooms
My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05141_zps6449293c
Daisy Star Polyp
My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05131_zps91e5dd76

thanks to keelan from seahorse aquarium for send down all the stuff yesterday the live rock covered in coraline algae !!
cichlidguy
cichlidguy

Back to top Go down

My lil Salty Adventure !! Empty Re: My lil Salty Adventure !!

Post by Kelly Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:00 pm

eeeeeeee now that looks the part. You finding it easy enough ?
Kelly
Kelly

https://africancichlidsni.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdeja Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Ye mad b@st@rd. laugh
mickdeja
mickdeja

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidguy Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Kelly wrote: eeeeeeee now that looks the part. You finding it easy enough ?

Hi Kelly Thanks not finish just yet have afew more things to be added to going to leave them as christmas pressys laugh ya finding it easy once everything is at hand and plus im using really good salt which covers all mg,ca,alk,kh and im only keeping corals that are easy to look after but would love to keep sps and lps at some stage as this is were all the viberant colours are !!! you ever think of keeping saltys isit a uh laugh i also just like knowing how saltys parameter work to know for the future thumbs up
cichlidguy
cichlidguy

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidguy Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:14 pm

mickdeja wrote:Ye mad b@st@rd. laugh

got to try it sumtime in my lifetime and that time is now saveit

Hows U Keepin !!
cichlidguy
cichlidguy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdeja Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Im doin well man. Fairplay to ye for makin the big salty jump. Wish I had the money to do it. One day I will get there too. Lookin foward to seein the progress over the next coming months in yer new setup. Big balls Adi. thumbs up
mickdeja
mickdeja

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Savage adi yep Delighted man, iv bin doing nothing but pricing opti whites all week for my salty adventure yep Your mans spot on it is easy enough to do soft coral tanks, this wil be my second go round. You will notice mag and cal levels changing the more you add corals no matter what salt you use. Sure thats the fun in it , playing around with the water to get it right thumbs up Anymore info on the tank??? Sump system?? Skimmer etc...
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Maybe when I get bored with this project i'll take the leap laugh
Kelly
Kelly

https://africancichlidsni.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by geofftrainor Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Well done man you will enjoy but be skint thumbs up
geofftrainor
geofftrainor

Back to top Go down

Post by lee77 Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Fairplay to ya Adi nice setup there thumbs up
lee77
lee77

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidguy Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:37 am

mickdeja wrote:Im doin well man. Fairplay to ye for makin the big salty jump. Wish I had the money to do it. One day I will get there too. Lookin foward to seein the progress over the next coming months in yer new setup. Big balls Adi. thumbs up
cheers mick ya it can be expensive alright but going doing it bit by bit.hope to see u keepin saltys one day and i will add everything im putting into it as i go along thumbs up
Paul wrote:Savage adi yep Delighted man, iv bin doing nothing but pricing opti whites all week for my salty adventure yep Your mans spot on it is easy enough to do soft coral tanks, this wil be my second go round. You will notice mag and cal levels changing the more you add corals no matter what salt you use. Sure thats the fun in it , playing around with the water to get it right thumbs up Anymore info on the tank??? Sump system?? Skimmer etc...
hey paul hows tricks man ya as said only keepin softie so they shouldnt be much of a bio-load on my filter when there is no fish to deal with im waiting on a skimmer atm but was advised i have no need for one for what im doing but goin to add one anyways havin noticed much of a change as keelan sent down 2 whoppers of softies and doing very well atm hope to see u back in saltys again soon !!!
Kelly wrote:Maybe when I get bored with this project i'll take the leap laugh
its fun tbh kelly really like how corals operate..but im not going to be a tropical snob just because im doing saltys still like my trophs will never give up on them !!
geofftrainor wrote:Well done man you will enjoy but be skint thumbs up
thanks geoff it sure does leave you skint lol its a pricey hobby but im enjoying what im seeing in my tank atm thumbs up
lee77 wrote:Fairplay to ya Adi nice setup there thumbs up
cheers lee only on a small scale for now but getting the look im looking for it will take time but will be worthed in the end i hope tongue
cichlidguy
cichlidguy

Back to top Go down

Post by minky Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 am

good stuff adi, hope it works out well for ya, keep us updated on how you get on with the setup, be interesting to see how things change
minky
minky

Back to top Go down

Post by andrewo Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Glad to see you in a salty adventure Adi thumbs up

Do keep us updated ; thats a nice stripped green mushroom; is that what you were told it was? Where you get that?
andrewo
andrewo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Nice one adi

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidguy Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Disaster struck yesterday morning woke up to a weaking tank hhhhhh so had to strip it all down and head for rosscommon with the tank as he swapped it for me and guess wat it was the only one back from a pallet of them it would have to be me yellow anyway got all put in stryo boxes and got the tank @ 7 last night so had a long night ahead 3 this morning waiting on everything to come back to temps and added things slowy!!! all set-up again and all happy out opening up nicely again thumbs up lil update with added rock
My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05281_zps0f540ab8
My lil Salty Adventure !! DSCN05261_zps4f75c104
minky wrote:good stuff adi, hope it works out well for ya, keep us updated on how you get on with the setup, be interesting to see how things change
cheers minky shur il give it ago and see how i get on thumbs up
andrewo wrote:Glad to see you in a salty adventure Adi thumbs up

Do keep us updated ; thats a nice stripped green mushroom; is that what you were told it was? Where you get that?
thank you andrew took the plundge laugh liking it so far in bad need of getting test kits u knw were to get good one at a good price wink ya it a very nice stipped mushroom my friend is ragein i have it laugh got it from keelan along with a very nice bush coral and my daisy polyp came from galway it has a very rare sponge living in the centre of it..will keep it updated but not much going in for now going to let it settle in over christmas thumbs up
Big Chris wrote:Nice one adi
thanks chris wink you take care of one self joint
cichlidguy
cichlidguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Unlucky man eyes At least ye got on top of it with some added good luck with the tank swap wink Is that a internal filter in the right corner? What media are you using in it? Salifert do a great test kit, some can be pricey but its a piece of the puzzle you want to be as accurate as possible with thumbs up
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by andrewo Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:36 am

Darn; thats unlucky alright; but glad to see you are still at it! thumbs up
Yeah i use the saliferts range of test kits; expensive but at least you know they are accurate and easy to use grin
andrewo
andrewo

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidguy Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:31 am

SEEING SUMONE DELETED MY FOR SALE ADD !!!!

selling this setup as im going bigger 300 euro for all

corals and live rock staying !!!
cichlidguy
cichlidguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Adi

Paul requested that you priced you setup.that was for sale. You completely ignored his request that spanned a week, in doing so you broke forum rules for sale that apply to everyone!

The forum rules are there to be applied not for you to take the piss out off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Sorry adi that had to be removed, as per the rules. There was a member on not to long ago complaining about the for sale setup lack of prices etc.... The rules were changed to suit everyone, and they actually work great. I asked 3 or 4 days in a row bud, you were online every single one of them days and viewed the thread. I didnt even delete it the last night, i gave it anther day but by morning that was it gone thumbs up
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down