African Cichlids Ireland

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

African Cichlids Ireland
African Cichlids Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old marine pics

4 posters

Go down

Old marine pics Empty Old marine pics

Post by Paul Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Well i had a day off today so could route out the old pics in no time, there is only 1 or 2 though laugh Anyway before i stick them up ill just say that this tank was setup with the most basic of equipment available. I was under the impression that this would do me doh Did i get it wrong. The more you get into it the more you learn and the more you need, eventually i had to break it down as i wanted to go a lot further with it but simply would have had to add a sump and a F load of cash into it. Anyway here it is in its cycle stage no corals no livestock just a rock scape that took hours to get right laugh
Old marine pics S3
Old marine pics S4
After waiting through the cycle stage i started adding. These pics are messed up so ill keep it short. Some pics are of corals closed, opening, opened and under the blue light others are just livestock. And i will add the most recent pic i had of the tank at the end wink
Here's the hammer coral yep One of my favorite corals out there, glows under blue light and is easy as to look after
Old marine pics S5
Old marine pics S33
For some reason at night it always retracted
Old marine pics S30
Next was the pink goniopora yep The only pic i have of it on its own im afraid and it was so sensitive to nitrate that even the slightest rise and it would close up
Old marine pics S31
Good old star polyps, they look great in any tank east to care for and come in a few colors
Old marine pics S6
Old marine pics S7
Old marine pics S8
Next was a mushroom that quickly became a favourite
Old marine pics S9
Old marine pics S10
Old marine pics S11
Yellow goniopora yep Again just as much of a moan as the pink goni
Old marine pics S12
Old marine pics S13
Old marine pics S14
Old marine pics S15
Pink leather coral wink Was under the impression it was a kenya tree when i bought it but didn't mind
Old marine pics S28
Old marine pics S27
Old marine pics S26
There was 2 mushroom platters and a torch that cant seem to find any trace off yellow Ah well here was some lives srock
laugh Cant beat the hermits
Old marine pics S40
Old marine pics S2
Tomini bristle tooth, with a whopper air bubble in my background behind him doh Witch is why i paint them now
Old marine pics S32
My pure black and white paired clowns,The female is the larger with the miss bars and fully color'd face wink The male never fully colour'd while i had him only 2 close pics i could find to
Old marine pics S41
Old marine pics S38
Old marine pics S39
Had a flymo and a lawnmower blenny but can only find a pic of the flymo. One of my favorite marine fish's of all time (Serious characters)
Old marine pics S1
I had the common feather dusters and cleaning crew in there aswell like cleaner shrimps and snails etc.... But last but definitely not least my female mandarin yep Witch is easily my favorite marine species out there eyes Just simply cant get enough of these. I was almost going to leave it out of the tank due to there crazy diet requirements but was lucky enough to find one eating frozen foods grin Even still it was a battle everyday to feed her. I had to target feed her on her own everyday at the other end of the tank while everyone else was feeding. And even than if i was to make one slight sudden move she was gone doh that was it had to try the next day as the other fish were finished feeding by this stage and would easily rob her food wink As beautiful and colorful they are, they are so shy and frail its unbelievable. Anyway
Old marine pics S25
Old marine pics S24
Old marine pics S23
Old marine pics S22
Old marine pics S21
Old marine pics S20
Old marine pics S19
Old marine pics S18
Sure i told you it was only 1 or 2 pics laugh And lastly some random pics of the tank through the stages, cant seem to find one with all my corals and fish in it but there is one fairly up to date one there wink
Old marine pics S37
Old marine pics S36
Old marine pics S35
Old marine pics S34
Old marine pics S29
Old marine pics S42
Thats them all im afraid laugh Just had so many from different progress threads in different forums. Its killing me now i cant find one of it finished doublepis Well that was what i did with the basic equipment i had yep I will say this! If you are thinking of going into marines and you think a small tank will do uh i promise you will want to go further and the whole project will be one big hole in the pocket. Hope you enjoyed the pics thumbs up
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Old marine pics Empty Re: Old marine pics

Post by mickdeja Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Fairplay Paul. I love the manadarin as you know. They are like a piece of art. Thanks for sharin dude. thumbs up
mickdeja
mickdeja

Back to top Go down

Post by geofftrainor Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Sweet thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
geofftrainor
geofftrainor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:50 pm

wow cool photos looks really nice

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Cheers guys thumbs up As i said it was a fairly novice setup compared to what others are doing with there tanks out there wink But i loved it and was more than happy with how it turned out considering the equipment used on it
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by andrewo Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:53 pm

They are lovely Paul; thanks for posting; must say it is not easy to keep lps/sps successfully even with good equipment. Patience is the key I feel; still struggling with mine but I suppose thats the challenge grin
andrewo
andrewo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Thats it man wink It wasn't so much equipment wise i broke it down i wanted to add more equipment but didn't want it in the main tank and had no sump yellow Thanks again everyone and andrew wink Andrew you should fire up some pics of your salty's yep
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by andrewo Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 pm

You never know Paul maybe you might revisit it again sometime in the not too far future wink

andrewo
andrewo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 am

More than likely will yep Its odd but id love a tank of mandarins
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content